The John P. Murtha Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital is a community resource that promotes Highlands’ mission of life-long health. We encourage individuals in the region to take advantage of our updated facility that incorporates amenities that support our members’ fitness and health goals. Conveniently open seven days a week, we employ state-of-the-art fitness equipment and exercise classes led by experienced, certified professionals.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the first step towards helping to prevent disease and injury throughout one’s life. An investment in your well-being is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and your family, which is why the John P. Murtha Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital has created flexible membership packages that work for every budget. It is also possible to attain student and corporate rates.
Membership includes a variety of classes and individualized programs that help our members attain their fullest fitness potential in a safe, professional, and fun environment. We are committed to helping you build the stamina, strength, and wellness necessary to lead life to the fullest. The Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital was created with our members in mind, and we are proud to be the region’s resource for whole-person health and fitness. Please call 724-626-2266 for more information.
NEW! START YOUR ENROLLMENT APPLICATION ONLINE!
For more information, or for questions, please fill out the following information and someone will respond within 24 hours.
JOHN P. MURTHA WELLNESS CENTER UPDATE
Many new and exciting classes have recently been added to the John P. Murtha Wellness Center. Remember the wellness center is open seven days per week and offers a variety of equipment and classes in a safe, non-threatening environment.
We invite you to try other new classes:
- – ACE certified fitness instructor Tabby Horvath teaches a new 45 minute workout ‘Total Body in Ten’ which hits all muscle groups in ten moves in less time as well as a flow yoga class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- – ‘Spunky Seniors’ low impact cardiovascular and strength training class that utilizes the chair for balance and stability. Appropriate for beginners and people with mobility issues.
Stop in and get a calendar, or call 724-626-2266 for class times. We hope to see you soon!
CLASSES AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- – We specialize in training members over the age of 55
- – Aerobic and body sculpting classes
- – Yoga classes
- – Flexibility and abdominal strengthening classes
- – Updated cardiovascular fitness equipment
- – A variety of free weights and machines
- – Spacious private locker rooms and showers