The John P. Murtha Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital is a community resource that promotes Highlands’ mission of life-long health. We encourage individuals in the region to take advantage of our updated facility that incorporates amenities that support our members’ fitness and health goals. Conveniently open seven days a week, we employ state-of-the-art fitness equipment and exercise classes led by experienced, certified professionals.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the first step towards helping to prevent disease and injury throughout one’s life. An investment in your well-being is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and your family, which is why the John P. Murtha Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital has created flexible membership packages that work for every budget. It is also possible to attain student and corporate rates.
Membership includes a variety of classes and individualized programs that help our members attain their fullest fitness potential in a safe, professional, and fun environment. We are committed to helping you build the stamina, strength, and wellness necessary to lead life to the fullest. The Wellness Center at Highlands Hospital was created with our members in mind, and we are proud to be the region’s resource for whole-person health and fitness. Please call 724-626-2266 for more information.
JOHN P. MURTHA WELLNESS CENTER UPDATE
Many new and exciting classes have recently been added to the John P. Murtha Wellness Center. The Dolphin’s Cove Relaxation Room is now available to patients, visitors, staff, and wellness center members at no additional charge. Our goal is to create a healing environment where all who enter feel welcome.
Remember the wellness center is open seven days per week and offers a variety of equipment and classes in a safe, non-threatening environment.
We invite you to try other new classes:
- ACE certified fitness instructor Tabby Porterfield teaches a new 45 minute workout “Total Body in Ten” which hits all muscle groups in ten moves in less time as well as a flow yoga class on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. •
- Come try the NEW beginner stretching and light exercise class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7am.
Stop in and get a calendar, or call 724-626-2266 for class times. We hope to see you soon!
CLASSES AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Individualized, one-on-one appointments with an exercise professional
- Professional body composition analysis
- Aerobic and body sculpting classes
- Yoga classes
- Flexibility and abdominal strengthening classes
- Updated cardiovascular fitness equipment
- A variety of free weights and machines
- Spacious private locker rooms and showers