Highlands Hospital employees are committed to providing the most advanced health care services available. Our employees do this with compassion, dedication, pride, and professionalism. Contact us at (724) 626-2314, or at highlandsHR@highlandshospital.org, to inquire or to request an application.
Part-Time position. Must possess basic computer skills, mathematical aptitude, and attention to detail. Daylight, including rotating weekends. Requires training and/or experience that meets one of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board; plus 1 year relevant pharmacy experience, OR
- Minimum 2 years hospital pharmacy experience that included IV experience, OR
- Successful completion of 4 years toward a 6-year Pharmacy degree program, plus 1 year experience in hospital pharmacy,OR
- LPN with minimum 1 year of recent (within the past 2 years) nursing experience in an acute care setting; experience must include administration of medications.
Physician Assistant [PA] or Nurse Practitioner [CRNP] – Hospitalist Program
Full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to provide medical management of patients who are under the care of the hospitalist program. Collaborates with the hospitalist physician and care team to coordinate and manage the process of patient care from the point of admission through discharge and hand-off to a community care provider.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Identifies and manages acute illness from admission through discharge under supervision of hospitalist physician and with adherence to best practice guidelines.
- Performs histories and physicals, and prescribes medications and therapies as appropriate under supervision of hospitalist physician.
- Actively participates in daily “Bed Huddle” meeting with hospitalist team to ensure plan of care for patients is communicated and acted upon.
- Collaborates with hospital care team to ensure that all diagnostic tests, consults, orders, etc., are carried out in timely manner.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient’s hospital stay with patient’s primary care provider as needed.
- Meets with patient/family to determine barriers to discharge and set expectations for hospital stay
- Utilizes Hospital CPOE System for entering orders for patient safety and utilizes Hospital’s EMR consistently
- Follows all Confidentiality policies of the Hospital
- Daylight, afternoon, alternating weekends; requires sharing call.
- Graduation from an accredited CRNP or PA program [CRNP specialty must be Acute Care or Family Practice]
- All licenses/certifications to practice in Pa. must be current
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- New grads and experienced practitioners are both encouraged to apply
- Must meet CPSL requirements for current child abuse/criminal history clearances
House Supervisor-RN Part-Time. Part-time position for experienced RN to function as House Supervisor on off-shifts, weekends and holidays. Will manage staffing for nursing units, and also coordinate with various department managers for efficient functioning of all off-shift staff. Assist with communication and education efforts for off-shift staff.
Monitor security of the facility and prioritize patient care and/or employee issues that develop. Serve as clearinghouse for contacting other management staff or hospital administration as appropriate. Requires strong management and interpersonal skills, and familiarity with overall hospital operations. Must have current ACLS and critical care training. Possible daylight relief shifts would also include clinical functions involving special procedures, such as cardiac stress tests and stress echoes.
RN- Full-time/Part-time. Requires 6 -12 months relevant experience in hospital OR or surgicenter (or 2 years in obstetrics that included scrubbing/circulating). Experience with gynecological procedures a plus. Weekdays daylight, with some evening and weekend call.
Surgical Tech- Full-time. Requires completion of accredited training program (or equivalent on the job training). Recent hospital or surgi-center experience preferred. Weekdays daylight, with some evening and weekend call.
RN / LPN Behavioral Health Part-Time and “Weekender”. Must have related experience or sincere interest in developing knowledge and skills in behavioral health nursing.
OTHER STAFF POSITONS
Physician Practice Billing Assistant - Full-time. Assist with processing of patient bills for various physician services. Requires thorough knowledge of insurance billing, professional fee billing, collections, CPT4 and ICD9 coding, and physician practice systems.
Mental Health Aide - Part-time. Provide necessary physical/personal care, and interact with patients and families as guided by professional staff.
Tech Assistant/Phlebotomist – Part-time. Requires recent training or experience. Perform venipunctures on inpatients and outpatients, as well as other related functions for clinical laboratory. Rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Social Worker – Behavioral Health - Part-time. BSW or MSW with Behavioral Health experience is preferred, or a sincere interest in learning. May require some evening and weekend hours.
Case Manager – Casual/relief position for RN with clinical and case management experience, to monitor med surg inpatient admissions and outpatient surgery cases.
Social Worker – Casual/relief position for medical-surgical social work. Requires BSW/MSW. Acute care hospital experience preferred.
Environmental Services (Housekeeping) – Casual position to provide relief coverage. Work typically involves 8 hour shifts, which includes days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Requires high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Physical ability to perform such tasks as buffing/scrubbing floors. Must have the ability to perform repetitive cleaning throughout the workday following detailed policy and procedure. Ability to lift minimum 25 lb. (up to 100 lb.)
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Nursing Specialty Areas:
Medical Surgical – Our Med-Surg units serve pediatric/adult/geriatric patients, and include several telemetry beds.
Behavioral Health – We provide Behavioral Health care on two separate in-patient units . . . Reflections, our recently opened specialized unit for geriatric patients, and Tranquility, an adolescent/adult in-patient unit.
Critical Care/ICU – An adult Intensive Care Unit with Critical Care/ACLS educated RNs providing a higher level of care.
Emergency Department – Full-service 24/7 ED staffed with specialty qualified physicians and RNs, and containing many state-of-the art Emergency Medicine technologies.
Surgical Services – 2 Surgical Suites, Endoscopy and Procedure Room. Providing 24/7 inpatient and outpatient peri-operative and endoscopy care for adult and pediatric patients.
Short-Procedure Unit – 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. operating hours, M-F. The SPU is a six bed pre/post operative recovery area for all outpatient procedures. The unit also administers intravenous therapy and injections on an outpatient basis.
Nursing Scheduling Options:
Full-Time – Part-time – Casual Status
8-hour and 12-hour shifts available
For many RNs, our unique “Weekender” program is a perfect fit:
- Work only 2 Weekends per month (2 12-hour shifts each weekend)
- Special pay rate in lieu of benefits
- Additional weekday work available, but not required
- Health Insurance available to purchase at group rates
Free adjacent parking – On-site fitness center !
Easy location in the Fay-West area of northern Fayette County only-
15 minutes from New Stanton via Rt. 119S,
15 minutes from Uniontown via Rt. 119N,
15 minutes from Rt. 51 in Perryopolis via Rt. 201S.
HOW TO APPLY
MAIL– Completed Application and/or Resume to:
Human Resources Dept.
401 E. Murphy Ave.
Connellsville, PA 15425
CALL– (724) 626-2314 to Inquire or Request Application
FAX– Application and/or Resume to (724) 626-2334
EMAIL– Inquiry, Application, and/or Resume to:
Highlands Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer